Tuesday 27 January 2015

A busy birthday

It's my birthday tomorrow and I have been cooking up a storm!

I wanted to make my own checker board cake, it's currently cooling on racks. It will be three layers and the colours are pink, teal and purple.

I'm really looking forward to sharing it but I am not sure what to do for my birthday, whether to meet up with family or just have a quiet night at home with my family and best friend.

Chocolate muffins have also been made and going to get iced with chocolate ganache. I have jelly, creamed rice and probably custard to make as well. Having a thermomix makes it pretty easy.

Due to all this cooking, not much school work has been completed today but I'm going to rectify that after lunch.

A great benefit of home schooling is the flexibility of when and what days to do our work. If we are sick through the week, we often catch up on saturday.

I stayed up until 2 am this morning, catching up on washing and dishes that were neglected while Nathan was sick. He is fine now. I am tired though and looking forward to a nice sleep tonight....hopefully :)


No comments:

Post a Comment